Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Crazy Italian Bank Adventure

The ATMs here give you all 50 euro bills...no one wants to accept a 50 euro bill...not markets, not restaurants...no one.

Joe went into the bank to exchange some 50s for smaller bills (the smallest they would give him were 20s...)  In order to enter the bank, you push a green button on a door and step into what I can only describe as a glass "pod"...like something out of Star Trek.  The space is only large enough for one person - one small person !  The door closes behind you, and you must wait for another door to open automatically behind you, allowing you in to the bank lobby.  Easy, right ?  hmmmmmm...


Joe went in and out the other side just fine.  I stepped into the glass holding cell and nothing happened.  I turned around a few times like a dog trying to find a comfortable place to lay down and still, nothing happened...finally, an automated voice started speaking to me in Italian.  Nope...no comprende (isn't that Spanish ??)  Anyway, as I stood in my upright MRI machine, an automated English voice said to exit the capsule and remove all metal objects and leave them in a small locker at the entrance. 

Well, my jacket had zippers, my purse had zippers, I had on jewelry, and I have artificial knees... The lockers were very small and, anyway,  I didn't think there was room for a pair of legs in there !!
Needless-to-say, I waited outside the bank for Joe...

Here is a link to a video...if the link doesn't appear, just hover your cursor over the blank space (this blog sometimes works like an Italian bank entrance...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbX9PTVf39g

No comments:

Post a Comment